Understand OTC Medicines for Skin Problems
Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, creams, and lotions can be used without a doctor’s prescription. Based on the problem these are sometimes effective enough to cure several skin disorders. These medicines will be more effective if taken at the early stage of skin problems. The most fortunate news is that you can be sure about that using this medicine is safe and effective. You should follow the instruction given on the label. The information given on this section will help you to use it wisely. There are applications available to download on your smartphones which will diagnose your skin and hair problems instantly and suggest your over-the-counter creams and lotions.
A helpful program is Tibot’s symptom checker. This program will help you detect the probable skin problem and helps you to choose the right OTC medicine for that problem. You just need to download the tibot.ai program on your smartphones, iOS, iPhone, and tab and input your image of the affected area on your skin. Since Tibot is based on Artificial Intelligence, you should always consult with a doctor before you take any action on the recommendation.
Some OTC recommended by Tibot
There are many OTC medicines available in the market that are effective and suggested by tibot.ai matching the skin disorder. Some examples are-
The most common oral antibiotics are erythromycin, tetracycline, and dicloxacillin.
- Anti-fungal OTC:
The most common oral anti-fungal OTC are itraconazole and fluconazole. These are effective creams to treat fungal infection even in severe cases. Terbinafine is effective to treat the fungal infection of nails.
- Anti-viral OTC:
The most common oral anti-viral OTC are acyclovir, famciclovir, and valacyclovir. These medicines are effective even for skin disorders related to shingles and herpes.
This OTC includes prednisone which is effective for eczema treatments, other inflammatory diseases, and for autoimmune disorders like vasculitis.
Common immune-suppressants are azathioprine and methotrexate. These medicines are used as eczema treatment and psoriasis treatment.
- Enzyme inhibitors:
Some enzymes are harmful and cause several skin disorders while fighting inflammation. So, enzyme inhibitors are used to shut down the enzyme. Some effective OTC acting as enzyme inhibitors are apremilalast and eucrisa.
The acetretin retinoid is effective to treat severe psoriasis and also used as skin rash cream.
- Other OTC:
There are some new but effective OTC used for the treatment of psoriasis and other skin disorders. These include adalimumab, adalimumab-atto, a biosimilar to Humira, brodalumab, etanercept, etanercept-szzs, a biosimilar to Enbrel, infliximab, ixekizumab, secukinumab, and ustekinumab.
The benefit of OTC found in tibot.ai
These over-the-counter medicines are effective enough for skin and hair disorders, especially in the initial stages. Some are effective even at severe stages (with Doctor’s recommendation) especially for eczema treatment, psoriasis treatment, acne treatment, and for other severe skin diseases. There are several skin disorders which cause itchy and irritating skin rashes. Tibot.ai recommend the best skin rash creams. There are many people, who are affected by several skin problems but cannot get time to visit dermatologists at their busy life. Tibot.ai act as an efficient dermatologist to provide several OTC medicines within skin remedies. You will get a lot of remedial instruction in the vast Wiki collection of Tibot. With the help of tibot.ai, many skin and hair problems can be eradicated.
There are over 300,000 OTC medicines available in the market, but tibot.ai will suggest you follow certain precautionary steps before and while using these medicines. These steps are:
- Strat using OTC products reading everything mentioned in the label.
- Ensure OTC which will match your skin disorder and effective only for certain problem that you have. Choose such OTC that is for a specific skin problem that you have.
- Understand the OTC medicines and avoid what needed to avoid while taking these medicines. If people have some allergy, they should use such OTC which cannot make the allergy worst. In this case, you should input about your allergy to tibot.ai.
- Do not try to take an OTC medicine having a doubt. In fact, you should not start to use an OTC on your guess. It is a medicine and so handles it like that.
- Be careful about the amount you need to take. You should take much and less than recommended. Using an OTC cream and lotion more or less can be harmful.
- Be cautious when using more than one OTC medicine. In this case, medicines should get match the requirements of amounts. Ingredients may be high in amount if taken more.
- You should not combine an OTC medicine with other prescribed medicine without talking with any professionals.
- Make a list every type of medicine you take including all your prescribed drugs, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, and OTC medicine. Provide this medicine to any professional or tibot.ai to match all the medicines.
- Use OTC for children and infants which match their age.
- You must not take any OTC after the expiration date. Many people take the OTC creams and lotions lightly and use even after expired. But it can be dangerous for your skin.
So, understanding the OTC medicine will help to get the full benefit of these medicines.