No more Dark Circles Around the Eyes
Dark circles around the eyes are the most common problem for both men and women. Dark circles can appear associated with bags under the lower eyelids which can make you look older. The dark circles are difficult to remove. Many people are affected by this problem and elderly people, people who have a genetic predisposition to the dark circle problem and people who are from the non-white groups are prone to get this problem sooner.
Reason Behind the Dark Circles
There are several factors responsible for the problem of dark circles. They can be:
- Oversleeping and extreme fatigue cause dark circles around the eyes. Sleep deprivation makes the skin dull and pale which allow dark tissues and the blood vessels to appear under the skin.
- Lack of sleep build fluid under the eyes and make them puffy. Even staying up for a few hours past the normal bedtime can cause the dark circle formation.
- Dark circles can be the cause of natural aging. At the older age, people lose the fat and necessary collagen of the skin that works to keep the elasticity of the skin. So, the dark blood tissues come under the skin of eyelids and cause dark circles.
- Staring at the television, mobile or computer for a long time can cause the stain on the eyes which enlarge the blood vessels around the eyes. It causes dark circles around the eyes.
- Certain allergic reactions and dryness of the eyes can trigger the dark circles’ formation. Allergic reaction release histamines which cause the itchiness, redness, puffiness, and dark circles around the eyes by dilating the blood vessels under the skin.
- Dehydration or lack of enough water is a common reason of dark circle formation. Lack of water makes the eyes look dull, pale and sunken. It turns the blood vessels under skin visible.
- Long-term overexposure to sunlight is also a common cause for the formation of dark circles. It causes the production of excess melanin which provides colored pigments and these pigmentations darken the skin around the eyes.
- Genetic family history also triggers the dark circle formation at any age. People can grow dark circles around their eyes at the younger age.
Treatments for the Dark Circle Formation
Some precautions can reduce the dark circles’ formation like:
- Sun protection: As the overexposure to the sun can trigger the dark circle formation, maintaining sun protection can help to remove the dark circles. Using regular sunscreen lotion before going out and wearing a long-sleeved shirt, long pant and long-brimmed hat can keep you protected from the sunlight.
- Cold compressor: The cold compressor shrinks the dilated blood vessels and reduces the swelling of the skin. This reduces the puffiness and helps to remove dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Proper sleep at least for 7 to 8 hours per day is a must to stay away from the dark circles.
- Head elevating: Keeping our head elevated for some time can prevent fluid to pool under the eyes and it can help to reduce the dark circle formation.
- Maintaining diet: Maintaining a nutrition-full anti-inflammatory diet can remove dark circles by bringing out the improvements in the visible skin. The anti-inflammatory diets are fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats.
There are a lot of natural remedies which helps greatly to remove dark circles around the eyes. These remedies are the paste of cucumber, tomatoes, Saffron, Yogurt And Parsley, Turmeric. These can be different types of oils like Sweet Almond Oil, Argan Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, kalong oil, and olive oil. Besides, Apple Cider Vinegar, Green Tea Bags, Aloe Vera Gel, Rose Water, Honey, Baking Soda, Kumkumad, Tailam, Lemon Juice, Licorice Extract, Crushed Mint Leaves, Milk, and petroleum jelly etc. works well to remove dark circles.
There are some effective medical treatments available to remove dark circles soon. These are:
- Chemical peels: these can remove or decrease the pigmentation which lightens circles.
- Laser therapy: the laser surgery increases the skin tightening and resurface the skin. It removes the dark circles from eye skin.
- Pigment injection: these can thin the skin areas which can remove dark circles.
- Tissue fillers: this conceal the blood vessels and melanin and it removes the dark circles.
- Removing fat: removing fat by surgery can remove excess fat from the skin. It reveals a smooth surface around the eyes which lighten the circles.
- Implantation: surgical implantation of fats and synthetic products can remove dark circles around the eyes.
These medical treatments are expensive, time-consuming, and painful in most cases. Besides that, patients need to discuss with the doctors for better options which can match the patients’ need. The skin around the eyes is sensitive and so, the natural ways to remove the dark circles around the eyes should be tried at first.